Rosie G. - South House

Topic: Child Psychology

EQ: What is the best way to counsel middle school students

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

  1.  For my Independent Component, I plan on fulfilling a substantial amount of service learning by working with a counselor at John Marshall Middle school.
  2. I think that this will meet my 30 hour requirement because the counselor has this groups named SAP. This The counselor created this group so that the teenagers feel comfortable expresing themselfs with there peers. SAP also has other things activity's such as dance, scrap booking, and drawing class. I believe they do this so the teens can focus on other things and its a big stress reviler. 
  3. My Independent Study Component relates to my EQ because I am trying to discover what aspect of how to become a successful counselor to kids that deal with peer pressure. This group would hopefully let me take change, when they believe I'm ready of course, to have an experiences that is life learning.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not approved. Working with a mentor is service learning, not an independent task. Please see me asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my Independent Component, I plan on fulfilling a Psychology class of 62hrs at Mt.Sac.
    I think that this will meet my 30 hour requirement because I will not only learn from an actual expert but I am also learning on my own by completing my assignments. I can grantee that I can fulfill 8 hours of school on a weekly basis.
    My Independent Study Component relates to my EQ because I am trying to discover what aspect of how to become a successful child Psychologist for kids that deal with peer pressure. This class would hopefully open my eyes and let me see what psychology is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Approved. You must receive a "B" or higher to get Independent Component 1 approval.

    ReplyDelete