Rosie G. - South House

Topic: Child Psychology

EQ: What is the best way to counsel middle school students

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Product

For service learning I'm volunteering in a program called Think Together at Buena Vista elementary school. I have been working with children from the ages of 4 - 13. My product is understanding the experiences of the children who are going through any tip of stress, neglect, or abuse. The reason to why i chose this was because my service learning is teaching me how do deal with all the personalities each child has. My evidence is service learning, my research, and working with the child who was adopted and his biological parents neglected him. which caused him to have traumatising thoughts. So far, I learned that your suppose to listen and be able to understand children even though there may be times you don't understand. Another thing is to be with them the whole entire time don't let them work by themselves. And main thing is to show them you care and won't ever leave them because some of them may be going through a lot of problems. By showing them support they then take it as they are important and that they're worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment